Welcome to Skills Connect from Fingal Chamber Skillnet. We are currently enroling for ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) – Becoming a Driving Instructor Course which will commence over the coming weeks.
What is Skills Connect?
Skills Connect is a new initiative launched by Skillnet Ireland which aims to assist workers severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to rapidly upskill or undertake innovative transition courses to access new employment opportunities.
Skills Connect is designed in partnership with enterprise to enhance cross-sector employability and support people who have been displaced from employment. Fingal Chamber Skillnet, through the Skills Connect Programme, offers upskilling and training, designed by enterprise, aimed at supporting re-entry into the workforce.
How does it work?
Displaced from employment, looking for a new career direction and need to develop your skills?
Skills Connect offers fully subsidised training which will help you upskill and develop the skills required for employment. Our team, in Fingal Chamber Skillnet, can assist you to register for our current training programme: ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) – Becoming a driving instructor.
Skills Connect Programmes are free for people who are seeking employment.
How to Get Started:
Register your interest with us today.
Following your registration of interest, we will contact you with a more detailed application form to go forward for selection.
Further general information can be found here: https://www.rsa.ie/en/Ut
- Enthusiasm and motivation to participate in the blended learning approach which will include tutor-led live interactive webinar classes as well as classroom-based learning (when permitted).
- Commitment to an intensive training programme and a willingness to undertake additional independent study to upskill.
- You must not be working.
- You must be eligible to work in Ireland, holding either EU or EEA Citizenship, or the appropriate immigration permit (stamp 4).
- Must have Laptop / Computer with a camera to actively participate within an on-line learning platform, as well as suitable internet capability.
- You must be currently unemployed or in receipt of Covid 19 payment.
For more information on the eligibility criteria please see here